Thursday, April 12, 2012

Recent Running

I didn't want to blog this too soon and jinx myself...but now that I'm 178 miles in...I'm running PAIN FREE!!! For those of you who "know" me, you know I had several injuries in the last two years. I broke my foot...and landed myself in a boot (my bestie was there for moral support!!)...then I tore the bursa in my knee. I literally felt like my knee would never be strong enough to run again. It proved me wrong!

I've been doing two long runs (7-8 miles) a week, along with a few mid-distance runs. Yesterday, while on a 6-miler with my running friend, Ashley, I noticed some twinges in my shins. I quickly realized it was time for new shoes. I'm not playing around with my legs! If they hurt, I ice (crazy concept), stretch, and even eat right! It's insane. I definitely have the runner's high going on. I'm addicted.

Anyway, long story short...I got new shoes! I really wanted to try the Asics I blogged about back in January, but I just couldn't do it. I ran in them at Dick's SG, and they just didn't feel the same as my beloved Brooks Adrenalie GTS 12 ($109.99). I'm obsessed. They're like heaven on my feet!

These are by far the most cushioned and form fitting shoe I have tried on. I also have a few other NECESSARY running items I'd like to share.

Under Armour HeatGear Touch Capri $39.99

Nike G87 Tank $42.00



UA Semi-fitted Long Sleeve (great for early morning brisk runs)

And of course...
My Garmin 110 saves my life daily! I have no idea how Lindsey and I trained for a 1/2 marathon without this product!

Have a great day and HAPPY RUNNING!!!

1 comment: